The Tim Detty Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Appraisal
Tim Detty was a faculty member for Hondros College for 23 years where his true passion was teaching others about the appraisal industry. Tim was a classroom instructor as well as the author of more than 70 appraisal textbooks and online courses. He was often recognized by his peers at industry conferences for the pre-licensing and continuing education courses he wrote and for his video appearances in Hondros online courses. He was highly respected by his students, Hondros customers, and coworkers for his knowledge, enthusiasm, and the quiet strength he demonstrated in supporting others.
The Hondros College of Business is pleased to honor Tim’s commitment to education and the appraisal industry by assisting an individual who has the same passion for the pursuit of excellence in the field of appraisal. This scholarship will be awarded to an individual seeking a fulltime, professional career in the appraisal industry.
The Tim Detty Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Appraisal is for Licensed Residential Appraisers who wish to upgrade their license from Licensed to Certified. Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each. ($1000 Scholarship Award will be applied equally over four quarters at $250/quarter to tuition only)
- Must be admitted to the Associate Degree in Applied Business in Business and Management Degree Program at Hondros College of Business.
- Must reside in an NC-SARA participating state if the applicant resides outside of the State of Ohio.
- Must hold an active, unencumbered Real Estate Licensed Residential Appraisal License.
- The AABM program must meet the licensing requirements in your state for Certified License Appraisers. Letter of approval from the Appraisal Board or Commission in your state required.
- Must remain in good academic standing.
- Must graduate from the Associate Degree in Applied Business in Business and Management Degree Program at Hondros College of Business.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
- Interested Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Acceptance Letter to the Associate Degree in Applied Business in Business and Management Program
- A current Professional Resume
- Copy of Licensed Residential Appraisal License – Active & Unencumbered
- Applications are due one week prior to the start of each quarter.
- Scholarship winners will be notified prior to the first day of class.
James Dwyer Memorial Scholarship
Named in honor of long-time faculty member James Dwyer, this scholarship is intended to be given to an individual who shares in Mr. Dwyer’s passion for the pursuit of excellence in the field of real estate and consequently, a full-time career in the real estate industry. Interactive Application
Columbus REALTORS® Foundation Grants & Scholarships
To ensure the future of the central Ohio real estate industry, the Columbus REALTORS® Foundation & supporting partners, seek to provide scholarship aid to students (living/ working in central Ohio), who are currently completing a 2/4yr degree program, post-graduate work, or licensing program, within the field of real estate or related area.