Education – Pre Licensing
- Be at least of 18 years of age
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Students must complete a 63 hour required course. After successfully completing the course the students must also pass a school exam with a 70% or higher. If a student fails the online course examination they must wait 30 days to retake the exam.
- Student will complete the Application for Sales Associate License and pay the required fees.
- An applicant must also have a background check. It is suggested that fingerprints are submitted 5-days prior to submitting the application for licensure.
- Once the candidate’s application has been approved by the DRE, Pearson VUE will send the candidate an official authorization letter. The candidate is then eligible to make an examination reservation.
- After passing the exam, the testing vendor will download the grade information to DBPR’s (Department of Business Professional Regulations) system and at that point the system will automatically issue a license number. This can take up to 48 hours. After DBPR issues the license number, you must access your online account and print your license. There will be no license sent by mail.
- Upon passing the examination, an applicant will receive a certificate of licensure. This does not mean the applicant’s license is “active”. The applicant or qualifying broker may activate an associate’s license upon securing employment by filling form DBPR RE 11. The qualifying broker can also add (activate) the sales associate via the broker’s online account with DBPR.
- The department issues the license automatically within 7-10 business days after passing the examination.
- For a sales associate, the post licensing education course shall consist of one or more Commission approved courses which total at least 45 hours.
- Florida Licensees are required to take 14 continuing education hours every 24 months including 3 hours in a mandatory topic. Renewal Cycle is every 2 years, (3/31 or 9/30).