5 More Marketing Tips for Mortgage Loan Officers
April 24, 2019 |
Marketing is a part of business that many people struggle with. As a mortgage loan officer, you likely face many of the same challenges when it comes to finding new clients.
While a strong marketing strategy is key to growth, laying one out will take time along with a good deal of trial-and-error. Here are some tips to help you.
#1 Establish Your Branding First
Your brand encompasses every part of your presentation. It includes the tone you use in blog posts, the color scheme of your website and, of course, the general feeling you want to invoke in your clients when they work with you.
For example, if you want to be a friendly guru who specializes in home loans for military families, you need to establish that through tone, content, and targeted advice.
Establishing a strong brand image is essential to successful marketing because, without one, clients will find it difficult to recognize you from your competitors.
Begin by laying out your brand image and all the details. Establish how you want to get seen and then follow the guidelines you create. Consistency is key when it comes to building a brand.
#2 Dive Into Networking
As a mortgage loan officer, networking can prove to be an effective way to get new clients. Referrals are a huge part of business, so being able to network with real estate agents and other professionals, who could send clients your way, will be absolutely invaluable as time goes on.
The time you invest in networking and establishing a few solid professional relationships is likely to pay off time and time again. After all, a couple of good real estate agents can send a huge number of clients to you over time. All you have to do is get on their good side from the start.
#3 Utilize Email Marketing
Being able to put your materials right into someone’s inbox is a proven tactic that stretches across countless industries. As a mortgage loan officer, you can use this marketing strategy to:
- Inspire stronger connections. Use it to share industry publications and valuable information with those in your professional network so that you can further establish yourself as a “friendly guru” worth sending references to.
- Follow-up easily. When you get a new lead, email marketing can be a great way to garner interest in your services and even send relevant information and advice to clients–therefore building authority for yourself.
- Find brand ambassadors. Use it to keep in touch with your previous clients as a way to build a lasting relationship with them and potentially get referrals from them in the future.
When done right, email marketing can strengthen basically every interaction you have with leads, clients, and people in your network.
#4 Try Social Media Promotions
Targeting people in a general geographic area who have expressed interest in home buying and/or home loan programs is a fantastic way to discover new clients.
Social media platforms like Facebook allow you to target people down to extreme detail, and when done right, you can end up with a lot of leads at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing methods.
Social media marketing, in general, takes time to master. The important thing is that you recognize its potential and begin exploring the possibilities – because your competitors most likely already are.
#5 Save Time With Automation Tools
Finally, as you begin to put more time into marketing, you’ll likely find that it’s an awfully time-consuming process. Fortunately, many automation tools exist that can help you, including:
- Salesflare: Use this CRM (customer relationship management) system to track leads/clients as they move through your sales funnel.
- Buffer: Schedule your social media posts with ease using this free tool.
- Constant Contact: Quickly get your email marketing campaigns up-and-running.
By utilizing automation tools, you can save time on marketing while greatly increasing your reach and efficiency.
There is no better time to start than today. By following these key tips, you can skip over some common mistakes and develop an effective strategy for your business much sooner. Don’t let your competitors get further ahead. Develop and implement a strategy that will work for you, and take action today.