How to Become a Real Estate Broker in Ohio
1. Be a licensed real estate agent for at least two years.
If you are not a licensed salesperson, begin your real estate salesperson courses with Hondros College today.
2. Complete at least 20 real estate transactions.
3. Complete 4 broker prerequisite courses.
- 3 credit hours Business Economics
- 3 credit hours Business Law
- 3 credit hours Financial Management
- 3 credit hours Human Resource Management
4. Study for your exam.
Pass your exam the first time with CompuCram, the industry’s best exam prep!
5. Pass the State of Ohio real estate broker exam
Visit the Ohio Division of Real Estate’s website for more information on qualifications to sit for the exam.
6. Complete your post-licensing education
Agents need to meet a 10 hour real estate broker post-licensing requirement within their first year of being licensed.