Must-Read Productivity Hacks for Insurance Agents
September 5, 2019 |
Feel unproductive as an insurance agent? You’re not the only one. Research suggests that only 7 percent of workers feel productive during work hours. The remaining 93 percent? Well, like you, they feel unmotivated, uninspired, and unambitious at work.
A little organization will get you back on track and make you feel like a happier, more productive member of your team. Here are some productivity tips for different processes that you encounter as an insurance agent.
Billing clients isn’t the most exciting part of your job, but it’s probably the most important. (Well, your boss probably thinks so.) The problem is, asking and chasing customers for payments can be time-consuming, which can reduce productivity. Here’s how to do it better:
- Use apps and the latest software to send out invoices to customers. In fact, automate the whole billing process, which will save you time.
- Reduce late payments by chasing customers shortly after your invoice deadline. Don’t stick your head in the sand. A quick phone call or email could prompt a client to make payment immediately.
Training new insurance agents can get samey after a while. This is why you should shake things up. Instead of teaching new recruits the same old things, pay attention to the latest insurance trends and developments and incorporate new techniques into your training.
- Use visual elements like charts, images, and even videos in your training for more productive results.
- Enroll in a continuing education course yourself in order to brush up your insurance agent skills. You can then pass on your skills to new members of your team.
Selling insurance is what you do best, but don’t rest on your laurels. In order to improve productivity, you need to hone your skills and find ways to impress potential clients.
- Find your niche. Whether it’s home loans or life insurance, specialize in a small number of policies, instead of trying to be a generalist. Research shows that workers who exercise their strengths are 8 percent more productive than those who don’t.
- Stuck in a sales slump? What you wear might be a problem. “It might sound harsh, but we do form a perception of who a person is based on how they look. So, keep it clean and classy, and learn what styles work best for you,” says Think Advisor.
- The latest continuing education courses will help you improve your insurance selling skills so you can ‘seal the deal’ in a faster timeframe and meet your sales goals.
Productivity can falter when you’re not selling insurance or training new employees. The key to avoiding procrastination is to keep your mind busy.
- Avoid checking your phone every couple of minutes. You can set up emergency notifications for key clients and members of staff, but a missed call or text from a prospective customer isn’t the end of the world.
- Use a productivity app to break your working day into manageable chunks. Only answer emails from 9-10 a.m., for example. This will help you plan your day and get more things done.
Want to be a more successful insurance agent? Follow the productivity tips above. You’ll be able to secure more sales, improve training, and avoid procrastination in the office.