- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a high school diploma or certificate of equivalency
- Complete a 60-hour approved licensing course
- Pass the VA state licensing examination
- Fill-out Application.
- Application fee is $170.00
- Applicants for initial licensure are required to complete a background check. Submit application within 45 days of background check.
- Exam Provider PSI @ (800) 733-9267
- $60 Exam fee
- National and State Portions
- Licenses will expire two (2) years from the last day of the month in which their license was issued.
- Salespersons renewing for the first time and are required to complete 30 hours of post-license education regardless of whether their licenses are active or inactive.
- All active salespersons are required to complete 16 hours of Continuing Education during each licensing term. Of these 16 hours, there are 8 required hours in the subjects below:
- 3 hrs – Ethics and Standards of Conduct
- 2 hrs – Fair Housing
- 1 hr – Legal Updates and Emerging Trends
- 1 hr – Real Estate Agency
- 1 hr – Real Estate Contracts
- Renewal Fees – Salesperson $65.00
You are now leaving Hondros.com