How to become a real estate agent
Attend Open House
This is where you can get more in-depth questions answered about how to begin a career in real estate from current real estate professionals, see our facilities, meet our associates, sign up for classes, customize your schedule, pick up books and more!
Complete 40 hours of Principles & Practices, 40 hours of Law, 20 hours of Finance and 20 hours of Appraisal. All can be completed at any one of our multiple locations statewide, online, or mix & match to create your own custom schedule.
Attend Career Night
Here you will have the opportunity to meet with several real estate companies currently looking for new real estate professionals. You will need a sponsoring broker to sign your exam application. If you do not yet have a sponsoring broker, you will not want to miss this unique opportunity.
We recommend taking the live Real Estate Sales Review in the classroom. Here you will learn how to prepare for the exam, test taking tips and understanding questions and distractors, while taking a mock exam and going through a comprehensive review. Then, continue your exam preparation with our renowned CompuCram® Exam Prep software.
Apply for Licensure
- You must be honest, truthful and of good reputation.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not have been convicted of a felony or crime of moral turpitude, adjudged by a court to have violated any civil rights laws regarding real estate within the past two years, or violated any rules of the Ohio Division of Real Estate.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Complete the education requirements (classroom or online).
- Submit an application along with your course certificates and pay applicable fees for Examination Eligibility.
- Click here to read more about the Requirements for Licensure from the Ohio Division of Real Estate.
Pass the Exam
After receiving your Examination Eligibility, you may register for your exam by calling 1-800-733-9267 or by going to PSIExams.com. Please note that exam fees must be paid in order to schedule your exam and are nonrefundable. For each exam retake, you must submit a retake application and applicable fees to the Ohio Division of Real Estate before you can schedule a re-examination. Remember, you have 1 year to pass both the national and state portions of the exam.
Alumni & Post-Licensing
Once you pass the exam, join the Hondros College of Business Alumni Association. And don’t wait to complete the post-licensing! While you have a year, we recommend completing as soon as you can to help jump start your career!
Ready to get started?
You can rely on our comprehensive program to help you complete your Ohio real estate education and build a long and successful career. Our school will guide you every step of the way to become a real estate agent, from the licensing process to your CE requirement. If you think you are ready to get started, view our courses below! Call 1-888-HONDROS if you have any questions.