Real Estate Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I be sure a career in real estate is for me?
- How do I schedule an online class?
- I'm getting an error in Schoology, what do I do?
- Do I need a broker to take the courses?
- How long are my certificates good?
- Is working part time in the real estate industry possible?
- What scheduling options do you offer and how flexible is my schedule?
- Is there a lot of outside work in the classes?
- How do I get started?
- How do I get my Real Estate license in Ohio?
How can I be sure a career in real estate is for me?
Real estate is, above all else, a customer service business. You will be involved in what will be one of the biggest purchases/sales in someone’s life. We would encourage you to sit down and review your career objectives and what you want to get from your career. Discuss those issues and goals with someone who knows first hand what the industry is like and then make your decision. See our Career Night section for more details.
How do I schedule an online class?
If you would like to schedule, please follow the steps below:
- Click on LOGIN at the top right of the hondros.com
- Under REAL ESTATE, click on PRE-LICENSING (CLASSROOM AND ONLINE)
- Enter the email address and password provided at registration
- This will bring up your classes page, where you can click on individual courses to customize by module
- Once you’ve clicked on a class – you will have a list of modules with locations and times – click on the campus location and select ONLINE from the drop-down menu
- Once you have selected online – click on the orange START icon, which will be located to the right (under the ONLINE column)
- A separate window will open with the online course access (Ensure your pop-ups are not blocked on your browser)
I'm getting an error in Schoology, what do I do?
Please follow these directions:
1. REFRESH the screen
2. DISABLE POP-UP BLOCKERS & REFRESH
If steps 1&2 fail, please send your Name and Student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will hear back from a customer service representative quickly!
Do I need a broker to take the courses?
No. It is not necessary to have a broker sponsor for you to take our courses. However, before you can be seated for the State of Ohio license exam, you must have a sponsor on record. This is the broker who will hold your license so that you may practice real estate. Sponsoring brokers are a great source of support and knowledge while you complete your course of study.
How long are my certificates good?
The certificates you earn in the courses are good for 10 years. However, Hondros College of Business recommends that you test as soon as you can.
Is working part time in the real estate industry possible?
That is a question that is really best answered by your sponsoring broker. The answer to that question may also vary depending on the company. So, if this is important to you, be sure to ask before you commit to a sponsoring broker.
What scheduling options do you offer and how flexible is my schedule?
We know how rewarding a career in real estate can be; offering freedom and flexibility. And at Hondros College of Business, it’s all about YOU. We offer the most flexible scheduling options statewide.
In classroom, we offer courses on weekdays, weekends and evenings at any of our Hondros College of Business locations.
Or, you can complete your classes in the classroom, online or mix and match the two to create a custom schedule that works for YOU!
Is there a lot of outside work in the classes?
Our courses are designed so that all of the information that you need to know is included in the course content. However, we always recommend reviewing material and utilizing exam prep products as you prepare for the state exam.
How do I get started?
You’ve already taken the first step by visiting our website. Now it’s as easy as registering on our website, stopping in at one of our convenient locations or picking up the phone.