Steps to Licensure
HOW TO BECOME A REAL ESTATE AGENT IN FLORIDA
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid social security number
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Be able to answer questions regarding any criminal background if such exists
Complete your 63 hour required course. After successfully completing the course the student must also pass a school exam with a 70% or higher. If a student fails the online course examination they must wait 30 days to retake the exam.
Students will complete the application for sales associate license the fee is $105. An applicant must also have a background check. Once the candidate’s application has been approved by the DRE, Pearson VUE will send the candidate an official authorization letter. The candidate is then eligible to make an examination reservation.
Contact Pearson VUE to schedule exam
Take and pass exam
- After passing the exam, the testing vendor will download the grade information to DBPR’s system and at that point the system will automatically issue a license number. This can take up to 48 hours. After DBPR issues the license number, you must access your online account and print you license. There will be no license sent by mail.
- Upon passing the examination, an applicant will receive a certificate of licensure. This does not mean the applicant’s license is “active”. The applicant or qualifying broker may activate an associate’s license upon securing employment by filling form DBPR RE 11. The qualifying broker can also add (activate) the sales associate via the broker’s online account with DBPR.
- The department issues the license automatically within 7-10 business days after passing the examination.