Begin your Home Inspection career with help from Hondros.
Home inspection involves performing physical inspections of newly built or previously owned homes or buildings and report on the condition of each of the mechanical systems, components and structure.
Imagine a hands-on career that will have you climbing over, under and through houses searching for any defects that could cause problems for the owner or prospective owner. Professionals in the home inspection field physically inspect the entire home or building and complete a detailed report on the condition of all components, mechanical systems and the overall structure. The report is then used as a tool for making important decisions regarding the purchase of the home or building or factors such as its insurability.
Did you know?
- Home inspectors often specialize in identifying unseen problems such as termites and mold.
- Home inspections are increasingly used by insurance companies and financial institutions.
- Home inspectors rely heavily on technology such as laptop computers and digital photography.
Training is very important for home inspection careers.
Home owners and home buyers rely on the home inspector to advise them on their biggest investment. Therefore, the home inspector must be knowledgeable in how to inspect a home’s major components and systems and what problems to look for. Being able to report on the condition of the home in a clear, concise manner is also important.
In order to begin your Home Inspection career, training in the following areas is a must:
- Foundations and Drainage
- Report Writing
- Environmental Concerns
- Visible Structure
Consumers expect a properly trained home inspector and the well being of the home inspection industry depends on it. That’s why Hondros College offers the most comprehensive training available:
- The Home Inspection faculty at Hondros College of Business are local professionals in the industry, who are familiar with homes in the Ohio market and know what to look for in a home inspection.
- Comprehensive 112 hour program with an ideal balance of classroom and hands-on training.
- The most extensive field work available within the industry.
- Package students can audit any completed course once at no additional charge for one year after initial registration.